Stone-Hayes Center for Independent Living based in Galesburg, Illinois, serves Knox, Warren, and Henderson counties. “Through the work of Stone-Hayes Center for Independent Living, people with disabilities are empowered to improve their lives and independence!”
This is a professional position responsible for the management, implementation and evaluation of individual programs and services provided to consumers of the CIL. This position is also responsible for supervising and training all direct service staff and assisting the Executive Director with various personnel functions, community advocacy/public relations, development of new services and programs, grant writing, budgets and reports.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage CIL programs including individual and group services, legislative internship, home services, community education and advocacy.
- Maintain relationships with other service providers, community agencies and organizations on both a local and state level as directed.
- Promote disability awareness and the Independent Living Philosophy
- Provide presentations to community organizations pertaining to disability awareness and other disability related topics.
- Serve on community-wide committees which promote community involvement and cooperative networking regarding disability issues.
Qualifications and Education:
- Strong management and supervisory skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with consumers, staff and help contribute to a team approach
- Excellent organizational, written and communication skills
- Ability to manage stress and high workloads; assume responsibility without direct supervision; prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and work tasks
- Absolute confidentiality required at all times
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office and willingness to learn Center’s data base program for program requirements
- Associate Degree in Human Services or related field; or, Bachelor’s degree (preferred); experience working with people with disabilities required
- Full-time, Monday through Friday
- Driver’s License, required
Salary and Benefits:
- $17.50 – $18.75 per hour depending on experience and education
- Health insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid time-off
- Life Insurance
- Main office in Galesburg. Service area includes Knox, Warren and Henderson counties.